It takes patience and effort to market a home. However, there are things you can do to help streamline the process. When you want to sell a house quickly, use the following tips to speed the process and get a fair price on your property.
Plan Out Your Timeline
You may be on the home-selling journey for many months. Create a timeline of things to do so you can more efficiently tackle all the steps.
- Interview several real estate agents to find one you enjoy working with.
- Get rid of clutter in and around the home.
- Hire an inspector for a pre-listing home inspection.
- Schedule and perform any needed repairs.
- Clean the entire home thoroughly. Repaint if needed.
- Stage your home to make it more appealing to buyers.
- Have professional pictures taken of the property.
Sell a House Quickly with a Pre-Listing Inspection
This is an optional step but you should examine the benefits of a pre-listing inspection. This type of inspection reports on any problems or concerns within your home.
Real estate deals sometimes fall apart because buyers don’t want to be responsible for defects uncovered by their home inspector. A pre-listing inspection allows you to clearly understand the condition of your property. You can make repairs before listing the home to avoid having to renegotiate after the house is under contract.
Well-Maintained Landscaping will Help You Sell a House Quickly
The first thing a buyer sees is the outside of your home: the lawn, front walkway, flowerbeds and plants, and the front door.
You don’t need to make expensive or extravagant upgrades but you do want to create a neat and tidy presentation. Trim the bushes, mow the yard, mulch the flowerbeds, and make sure the front door looks attractive. First impressions are vital when selling a home.
Pick up Any Clutter
A potential buyer won’t get a good feel for your house if they’re touring cluttered rooms. Clutter makes a house feel smaller. Buyers want to see open spaces with plenty of light. Before listing, go through the home and pack away any unnecessary items.
Paint the Interior
Another thing that makes a home seem smaller is dark colors. Lean on your realtor’s experience and let them help you decide what colors to paint the interior rooms. A fresh coat of paint will improve the potential buyer’s opinion of the property.
Stage the Home to Sell the House Quickly
If you stage your home well, then you can expect to impress buyers and close more quickly. Here are some staging tips.
- Group furniture in a way that maximizes traffic flow.
- Use bright lighting.
- Make your kitchen look bigger by painting the same colors as the adjacent room.
- Use neutral paint in the living room to avoid distractions.
- Add wall art for personality.
- Carefully choose accessories to help accentuate shapes, color, and texture.
Use an Excellent Realtor
Selecting the right real estate agent is an important part of selling a home. The best agents know the area and know how to present the property in the best possible light. Your realtor will help you decide what improvements and repairs are important and he or she will offer advice for pricing the home. A good price will help your home sell quickly and for a fair return.